Why You Should Play A Rune Knight Fighter | D&D 5e - YouTube
July 19, 2023 at 6:34:55 PM PDT
- 00:00 The Rune Knight fighter subclass in D&D 5e harnesses the power of Giants through inscribed runes on items, making them a formidable force on and off the battlefield.
- 01:10 The Rune Knight's runes offer both passive and active abilities, providing versatility and variety for character customization.
- 02:04 The third-level feature, Giant Might, allows the Rune Knight to grow to size Large, gain strength advantages, and deal extra damage on attacks.
- 03:12 The seventh-level feature, Runic Shield, grants the Rune Knight the ability to use a reaction to cause an attack to miss, potentially saving allies from critical hits.
- 04:38 The Rune Knight subclass has a strong thematic concept centered around runes and growth, allowing for various character role-playing possibilities.
- 06:01 Multi-classing with Monk is recommended for Rune Knights due to the synergy with unarmed strikes and giant might.
- 07:35 The main weaknesses of the Rune Knight are the limited number of runes known until high levels, which may hinder their abilities in combat, and the lack of primary damage-dealing features.
- 12:25 The Rune Knight excels in utility, providing strong out-of-combat abilities and being effective in skill challenges.
- 14:29 The overall score for the Rune Knight subclass is 78 out of 100, making it a solid and recommended choice for both new players and veterans interested in rune-themed characters.