The One Stat Wonder: A CON Only* Build for D&D 5E - YouTube
March 11, 2023 at 2:56:04 PM PST
- 🗣️ The speaker discusses building a character in D&D 5E who only has one main stat, and how this can be advantageous.
- 🗣️ The idea behind this build is that by having fewer stats to invest in, players can take more feats over the long term.
- 🗣️ The speaker suggests that a character who can use Constitution as their primary stat is ideal for this build, due to the importance of HP and the fact that several abilities rely on Constitution.
- 🗣️ The speaker recommends choosing the Dampir race for this build, as their bite attack uses their Constitution modifier and can heal the player.
- 🗣️ The Rune Knight subclass is also recommended, as their runes use Constitution as the spell save DC.
- 🗣️ The Aberrant Dragon Mark feat is suggested for this build, as it provides a cantrip and a first-level spell that both use the player's Constitution modifier as the spellcasting modifier.
- 🗣️ The speaker recommends putting a 15 in Strength in order to wear heavy armor, and investing the rest of the stats in Constitution, with Wisdom as a tertiary stat.
- 🗣️ The build includes using heavy armor, a shield, and a free hand for grappling.
- 🗣️ The defensive fighting style is recommended for increased AC.
- 🗣️ The speaker suggests using the Dampir's bite attack to heal and deal damage, with the Fire Rune and Stone Rune as the first two rune choices.
- 🗣️ At level 4, the Aberrant Dragon Mark feat is suggested, with Chill Touch as the cantrip and a first-level spell of the player's choice.
- 🗣️ Chill Touch is recommended for its ability to stop enemy healing